Thursday, April 9, 2009

Contact Employers Directly

When you are job seeking, especially in tough times, contacting employers directly reaps more benefit than looking in the job ads.

Here's why.

When an employer realizes they need another worker, they go through the following process:
- Do I know anyone who could do this job?
- Does anyone else in the company know anyone who could do this job?
- Do I know anyone in another company who could do this job?
- Have I heard of anyone, even if I don't know them personally, who could do this job?
- Do the employment agencies I have used before have anyone who could do this job?
- Is there any other avenue I can go down to find someone to do this job? Chamber of Commerce, Professional Associations I'm connected with, Business Networking Groups I attend?
- There seems to absolutely no-one that I know, or any one I know, knows, who can do this job, so I will have to advertise!

So when you just look in the job ads, you are getting the jobs that are left over after every other avenue of finding that new employee have been exhausted.

You are better than that. You deserve more than the left overs. Go to employers directly. Offer your services. Ask if they know of anywhere that might be looking for someone with your skills. Keep knocking on doors, phoning, making connections and meeting people. That's the best way to find work in any job market, but especially in tough times.

How To Get The Job You Want. Uncovers The 'Hidden' Job Market Without Working Through Job Boards Or Recruiters- Cuts The Job Search Time In 1/2

No comments: